It’s going to be hard to top the social atmosphere of our first Mongo Meetup, but with a little more preparation and planning, we have some really exciting things in the works for this month’s Mongo Meetup Group! This month we will have amazing food catered by Biker Jims, we’ll play some corn hole, and have a few beers! We also have some books, shirts, and stickers to give away! Make sure to thank @10gen, @arraecreative, @justicefries and @bikerjimsdogs for making this month’s event possible!
Installing Mongo on Windows 7 WAMP environment:
- Download the latest Mongo release here.
- Follow quickstart instructions for Windows here.
- Once you have the Mongo server up and running and tested download the php driver here.
- Make sure you get the correct driver for your exact version of PHP including the VC.
- To find your version of php, start up wamp and echo phpinfo() in a PHP script. Look for the version and VC to ensure you get the right one (mine was PHP 5.3 VC6).
- Follow instructions here to install the Mongo PHP driver.
- Don’t forget to add this line in your php.ini where the list of extensions are (line 951 for me).
- Completely close down WAMP and restart it.
- Check phpinfo() again and if you see Mongo extension you’re in business.
NOTE: Unfortunately there is currently no Mongo driver for php 64 bit. The ONLY way to get this working is to use wamp 32 bit.Moonlight live streaming movie
NOTE: Make sure you use the Thread Safe version of the PHP driver or it won’t work.